What's for breakfast? A Burrito!
Breakfast burritos come in many variations depending on where you go. Here in San Diego our staple breakfast burrito is as follows:
Wrap this up in a hot tortilla:
Three simple ingredients, when combined, change the rest of your day. Here are some variations (added to the basics above) you may or may not be familiar with:
1. Bacon - Can't go wrong here.
2. Sausage - It's a breakfast sausage in a breakfast burrito. Perfect match. Usually served as whole sausages rolled into the burrito.
3. Re-fried Beans - This one sounds weird, but it's worth trying. You'd be surprised.
4. Carne Asada - It's like steak and eggs... plus cheese... inside a tortilla.
5. Machaca - This is a dried, spiced, and shredded beef. Yum.
6. Chorizo - A pork based sausage mixed in with the eggs. This could be anything really... but whatever it is, it's good.